Are you doing reasearch to find cheaper Chevy Classic insurance in Seattle? Finding cheap premium rates on Chevy Classic insurance in Seattle can seem to be slightly frustrating for people who have little experience comparison shopping online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can be a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Washington consumers could save 40% a year, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around as often as possible because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best price on Chevy Classic insurance in Seattle a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Classic insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some of the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
Our goal is to help you learn how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using this information. Although Washington drivers do need to learn how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
How to compare Chevy Classic insurance price quotes in Seattle, Washington
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance is not optional in Washington
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Classic, most lenders will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Your Classic Insurance Costs are Determined
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices. Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Being married brings a discount - Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles - Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Liability coverage preserves assets - The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Youthful drivers cost more - Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.Youthful drivers tend to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher.
- Credit history impacts prices - Your credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Classic if you improve your credit rating. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
- Incidental coverages are wasting money - There are many extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying car insurance. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Insure car and home with the same company - Most insurance companies allow better rates to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's still a good idea to compare Chevy Classic rates in Seattle to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Seattle car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Seattle car insurance quote in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
Car insurance companies who may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
Local neighborhood Seattle car insurance agents
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below are Seattle car insurance companies that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Chevy Classic insurance in Seattle.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way - Seattle, WA 98109 - (206) 956-0580 - View Map
- Greg Nunn - State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Roy St #102 - Seattle, WA 98109 - (206) 284-9700 - View Map
- Brent Amacher - State Farm Insurance Agent
2319 California Ave SW Ste A - Seattle, WA 98116 - (206) 935-0499 - View Map
- State Farm - Catherine Budbill
929 N 130th St #5 - Seattle, WA 98133 - (206) 361-3770 - View Map
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Seattle should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Chevy Classic insurance prices in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest prices come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
As you quote Seattle car insurance, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)