Finding cheaper insurance for a Ford Freestyle in Washington can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Ford and obtain the lowest price.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around at least once a year because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Ford Freestyle insurance in Seattle on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're about to learn the quickest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Affordable companies for Ford Freestyle insurance in Washington
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Seattle
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Seattle car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- E-sign - Some larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Freestyle insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Seattle car insurance online.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, newly married, new move discount, exclusive group savings, new graduate, newly retired, and multi-car.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, student away at school, safe driver, teen driver, and paperless.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
If you are trying to find cheaper Seattle car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply in Seattle. To choose insurers that offer many of these discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
How Insurance Providers Determine Ford Freestyle Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. It's important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Save money by staying claim free - If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Washington give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
Male premiums may be higher - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don't assume that women are better drivers. Males and females get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Age of drivers - Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Long commutes cost more - The more you drive your Ford in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Freestyle may be wasting your money. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage.
What type of vehicle do you drive? - The performance of the car you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Ford Freestyle is considered a crossover, rates will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Seattle.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Some insurance companies give a discount to people that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to compare other Seattle Freestyle insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
Always have insurance - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Washington department of motor vehicles.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Seattle insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Seattle who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Seattle will have answers to these questions.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Seattle?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Washington?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both can do a good job, but it's worth mentioning the differences since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Barry V. Hasson
7721 Aurora Ave N - Seattle, WA 98103 - (206) 782-5191 - View Map
- Youkie Chambers - State Farm Insurance Agent
2505 3rd Ave #120 - Seattle, WA 98121 - (206) 441-5630 - View Map
- Heather Proctor - State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 SW Barton St, Ste E22 - Seattle, WA 98126 - (206) 935-3922 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N - Seattle, WA 98133 - (206) 408-5098 - View Map
- Propel Insurance: Marinkovich Stephen
925 4th Ave #3200 - Seattle, WA 98104 - (206) 676-4216 - View Map
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St - Seattle, WA 98105 - (206) 783-4024 - View Map
Insurance in the media
Washington consumers can't get away from ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your policy.
How does each company charge you less for car insurance? It's all in the words they use.
All the different companies have a certain "appetite" for the driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of insured may need to be between the ages of 40 and 55, carries high limits, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Anybody that hits that "sweet spot" will most likely get cheap prices as well as save when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile must pay higher prices which translates to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "all people who quote" save that kind of money. That's the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. That is why you need to do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will give you lower car insurance rates than your current company.
Shop smart and save
There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Ford Freestyle insurance is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered many ideas to find cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)