Want to learn how to buy lower-priced Lincoln MKC insurance in Seattle? Buying the most affordable Seattle Lincoln MKC insurance quotes over the internet can appear to be challenging for drivers that are relatively new to comparing prices on the internet. With such a large number of agents and companies, how are drivers expected to have a chance to compare them all to find the best price?
Sad but true, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. The average driver in Washington could save roughly 40% each year, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
Locating the best rates in Seattle can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have a policy now, you will be able to find better prices using the following tips. Although Washington car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
Companies offering Lincoln MKC insurance in Seattle
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Multi-line Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Devices - Seattle drivers who agree to allow companies to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total MKC insurance premium.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
A few companies that may offer these benefits include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in your area. To see companies who offer car insurance discounts in Washington, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Seattle insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
If you are wanting to find a local Seattle insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Seattle who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Sheila Burrus - State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 N Northgate Way - Seattle, WA 98133 - (206) 364-2210 - View Map
- Jeff Kalvelage - State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N 36th St #201 - Seattle, WA 98103 - (206) 588-0559 - View Map
- Melinda Elkin - State Farm Insurance Agent
7104 Greenwood Ave N - Seattle, WA 98103 - (206) 784-6560 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you need to include at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are Seattle independent agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 - Seattle, WA 98109 - (206) 284-0171 - View Map
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E - Seattle, WA 98112 - (206) 329-7447 - View Map
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 - Seattle, WA 98133 - (206) 522-9200 - View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
Low-cost Lincoln MKC insurance in Seattle is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)