Would you like to stop overpaying and find lower-priced auto insurance rates in Renton, WA? Comparing Renton auto insurance quotes online may seem complicated initially if you are one of the many people new to online rate comparisons. Don't be overwhelmed because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that about 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many consumers in the United States can cut their rates by nearly 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
It's a good habit to price shop coverage before your policy renews because auto insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best quotes on auto insurance at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to buy cheaper auto insurance.
Choosing the best rates in Renton can be much easier if you know how to start. Nearly each driver who quotes insurance should buy a cheaper policy. But Washington car owners do need to know how companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Car insurance quotes comparison
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes direct online. Obtaining pricing doesn't take much effort as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system gets your driving record and credit report and returns a price determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find lower-cost car insurance pricing.
To quickly compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you are getting rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$972||$486||$81|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$700||$350||$58|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$772||$386||$64|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$748||$374||$62|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$660||$330||$55|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$968||$484||$81|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,398||$699||$117|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$842||$421||$70|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$854||$427||$71|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,070||$535||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can influence Chevrolet Malibu insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance rates by gender in Renton
The example below illustrates the comparison of car insurance rates for male and female drivers in Renton. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Honda Civic LX.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Washington
Despite the potentially high cost of insurance, buying insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Buy cheaper auto insurance with these tips
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Urban residents pay more - Choosing to live in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Washington cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
Discounts for married drivers - Having a spouse can actually save you money compared to being single. It is viewed as being more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Five star IIHS safety rating saves money - Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Liability protection safeguards assets - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage will provide protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Your job may affect prices - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like doctors, police officers, and miners tend to have the highest rates due to intense work requirements and long work days. Other occupations such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
Expect high rates for teens - Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. If you've ever had to add a young driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
Drive less and save - The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your auto insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle.
Little extras can really add up - There are a ton of extra coverages that can add up if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Score discounts on Renton insurance
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them early. You may see this discount when you get Renton auto insurance quotes online.
- No Claims - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Paperless Signup - Some companies will give a small break for signing up on their website.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, seat belt use, military active duty, driver training, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, homeowner, accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and driver's education.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, driver training, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Renton auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. To find insurance companies with discount rates in Washington, click this link.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Should I buy only the required Washington minimum liability coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Local Renton insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Renton who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you want a good insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Renton can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Renton who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Bob Wagner
1322 Lake Washington Blvd N #1 - Renton, WA 98056 - (253) 854-3883 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Doug Frohreich
1717 NE 44th St Ste C - Renton, WA 98056 - (425) 793-5580 - View Map
- State Farm: Judiet Dere
250 SW 43rd St - Renton, WA 98057 - (425) 656-8808 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Below are Renton independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Premier Insurance Agency
401 Olympia Ave Ne Suite 218, Mailbox 55 - Renton, WA 98056 - (425) 255-5333 - View Map
- Insurance Brokers
Renton, WA 98057 - Renton, WA 98057 - (425) 251-4955 - View Map
- Humble and Davenport Insurance Brokers
3500 Maple Valley Hwy - Renton, WA 98058 - (425) 226-8221 - View Map
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
As you quote Renton auto insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced car insurance in Renton can be bought online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how to reduce car insurance premium rates online in Renton. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Renton auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Additional information can be found below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)