Do you want to learn to get lower-priced Acura RDX insurance in Seattle? Finding more affordable Acura RDX insurance in Seattle is always hard for drivers new to quoting and comparing prices online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult situation to find cheaper Acura RDX insurance rates.
Inconceivable but true, most Washington car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rates online.
You need to compare premium rates occasionally because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best rates on Acura RDX insurance in Seattle at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding RDX insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to quit paying high car insurance rates in Seattle.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts covered in this article. Quoting the best policy in Seattle is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Washington vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies set your policy premium.
Learn How to Get Insurance at a Discount
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand some of the things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
Being married can save you money – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse means you’re less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Type of car determines base prices – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Because the Acura RDX falls in the luxury crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more compared to average rates in Seattle. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Tickets drive up rates – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Just one ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Allowing your coverage to lapse raises insurance rates – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies provide a discount to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
Bad credit hurts insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Acura RDX by improving your credit score. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Acura RDX insurance claim data – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Acura RDX Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RDX 4dr 2WD||64||75||57||67||67||71|
|Acura RDX 4dr 4WD||68||79||79||68||66||60|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$246||$512||$326||$20||$98||$1,202||$100|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$208||$364||$250||$14||$76||$912||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise insurance rates substantially.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents drive up Acura RDX insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Acura RDX insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Washington. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura RDX replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $200 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The example below shows the comparison of Acura RDX yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
The insurance bait and switch
Insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads in print and on television. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big after switching your policy. How can each company make the same claim? This is the trick they use.
All the different companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a profitable insured might have to be a female over age 40, is a homeowner, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anybody who matches that profile will get low premium rates and will probably cut their rates substantially.
People who don’t meet the requirements will probably have to pay more expensive rates with the end result being business not being written. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
This really emphasizes why you absolutely need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Washington
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Seattle, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your RDX has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Acura RDX and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t overlook these Acura RDX insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list the entire discount list very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, accident-free, defensive driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, homeowners, 55 and older, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Travelers may include discounts for new car, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Seattle. For a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Seattle, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important especially in Seattle.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Seattle that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Seattle will have answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
When to get professional advice
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Acura RDX?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Cost effective Acura RDX insurance is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to shop for Acura RDX insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)