Online rate comparisons for inexpensive Acura TSX insurance in Seattle might sound like a lofty goal if you are like the majority of consumers and have never used online quotes. But don’t throw in the towel because it’s actually quite easy to find lower-cost Acura TSX in Seattle.
It’s astonishing, but nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Seattle could save themselves nearly 40% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons yearly due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Acura TSX insurance in Seattle six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding TSX insurance out there, but you can learn some good information on how to lower your auto insurance premiums.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using this information. The purpose of this post is to let you in on how insurance works and also save some money in the process Although Washington vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
How to get free Acura TSX insurance quotes online
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps you find the best price.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$294||$452||$328||$20||$98||$1,192||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in Seattle location which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
Impact of citations and accidents on Seattle insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents increase Acura TSX insurance prices for different age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you raise deductibles?
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Acura TSX premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Acura TSX premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact formula to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura TSX replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $500 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura TSX has a lien holder, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
Listed below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- What’s your car’s IIHS safety rating? – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your Acura TSX scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Lower car insurance rates with theft deterrents – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Lots of insurers allow discounts to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Acura TSX by improving your credit score. People that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Acura annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated TSX is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing the correct driver usage.
- Get better rates if married – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Reserve car insurance claims for larger damages – Companies in Washington award the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Add-on coverages you don’t need – Policies have add-on coverages you can purchase on your TSX policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some need to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Seattle auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, daytime running lights, defensive driver, military active duty, air bags, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for age of vehicle, annual mileage, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, professional/association, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, homeowner, distant student, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, youthful driver, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for good student, paperless, safe vehicle, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, newly retired, preferred payment discount, good student, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, drive less, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- USAA offers discounts for vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, new vehicle, annual mileage, and defensive driver.
Check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. To view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Seattle, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Acura TSX?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Seattle who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Washington?
Seattle car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When searching for an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Seattle can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are trained well on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
- Thury Foster – State Farm Insurance Agent
444 NE Ravenna Blvd #104 – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 985-2528 – View Map
- Youkie Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
2505 3rd Ave #120 – Seattle, WA 98121 – (206) 441-5630 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to contact several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
- Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
After getting good responses and a good coverage price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage.
Smart consumers save more
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Seattle is available online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)