Do you want to learn to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Bellevue, WA? Purchasing the cheapest quotes can seem to be intimidating for beginners to comparing rates on the web. With dozens of online companies available, how are consumers expected to effectively compare the different rates to find the cheapest rates?
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Washington have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Drivers in America could save an average of $860 each year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Washington
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Bellevue, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$994||$497||$83|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$930||$465||$78|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$712||$356||$59|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$764||$382||$64|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$884||$442||$74|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$976||$488||$81|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$990||$495||$83|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$834||$417||$70|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$912||$456||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact premiums considerably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can increase Ford Focus auto insurance rates for each different age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get affordable rates with discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at quote time, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Bellevue auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Bellevue auto insurance with certain companies.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, early bird, good driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, and claim-free.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, seat belt use, daytime running lights, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, and defensive driver.
Check with all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To locate providers that offer some of these discounts in Bellevue, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agents is definitely important in Bellevue.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Bellevue that can give you free Bellevue auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are wanting to find a local Bellevue insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Bellevue can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, you need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent agents in Bellevue who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Griffin MacLean Insurance Brokers
2340 130th Ave NE d150 – Bellevue, WA 98005 – (425) 822-1368 – View Map
- Earley Insurance Solutions
Bellevue, WA 98006 – Bellevue, WA 98006 – (425) 681-3253 – View Map
- The Partners Group
11225 SE 6th St #110 – Bellevue, WA 98004 – (425) 455-5640 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Bellevue exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Janine Le
14450 NE 29th Pl Ste 111 – Bellevue, WA 98007 – (425) 284-2456 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: The Denslow Agency
330 112th Ave NE Ste 304 – Bellevue, WA 98004 – (425) 747-4200 – View Map
- Hayk Tadevosyan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 156th Ave NE c – Bellevue, WA 98007 – (425) 440-3993 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all make the point that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your coverage to them. How does every company charge you a lower premium?
All the different companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. A good example of this type of insured could be a married female, has no claims, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A propective insured that matches those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Bellevue and will most likely save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who do not match this stringent profile may be forced to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make those statements.
This illustrates why drivers should get Bellevue auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s just not possible to know which company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Smart consumers save more
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare insurance rates in Bellevue. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best rates are with the least-expected company.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Seattle, Washington? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)