Looking for cheaper Toyota Rav4 insurance in Seattle? Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Seattle can empty your personal savings, especially in this economy. Shopping your coverage around is a fast and free way to lower your bills every month.
Unfortunately, over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Seattle consumers could save almost 40% each year, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with ads and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Low-cost Toyota insurance price quotes in Seattle
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$136||$236||$300||$18||$90||$780||$65|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$196||$376||$310||$18||$92||$992||$83|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$122||$248||$334||$20||$100||$824||$69|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$224||$442||$356||$22||$106||$1,150||$96|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$244||$518||$384||$22||$114||$1,282||$107|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$142||$256||$278||$16||$82||$774||$65|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$180||$304||$300||$18||$90||$892||$74|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$212||$310||$386||$22||$116||$1,046||$87|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$248||$526||$356||$22||$106||$1,258||$105|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$246||$448||$300||$18||$90||$1,102||$92|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$128||$222||$304||$18||$90||$762||$64|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$136||$272||$384||$22||$114||$928||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in your specific Seattle location which can affect prices significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Toyota Rav4 insurance costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Toyota Rav4 insurance prices for each different age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Verify you're getting every discount
Car insurance companies do not list every discount available very well, so we researched a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% and get you cheap Rav4 insurance.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors can get a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Sign Early and Save - A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Rav4 insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign - Many larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Rav4 can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include annual mileage, professional/association, good student, location of vehicle, good driver, type of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-car, good student, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including group or association, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, anti-theft, teen driver, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-car, newly retired, good student, exclusive group savings, newly married, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, family discount, and multi-vehicle.
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Seattle. For a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Seattle, click here.
Car insurance agents can help
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is especially important in Seattle.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to companies in Seattle that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Below are Seattle independent agencies who may provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Seattle, get answers to these questions.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Do drivers who switch really save?
Big name companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all try to convey promises about how much you will save just by switching to their company. But how can every company save you money on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Seattle?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable insured may be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any new insured who fits those characteristics gets the lowest prices and most likely will save money with a new company.
Drivers who don't measure up to this stringent profile will probably have to pay higher premium rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much. That's why insurance companies can make those statements.
This emphasizes why drivers should do a rate comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the best Toyota Rav4 insurance in Seattle.
You can lower your insurance rates
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Toyota Rav4 insurance car insurance rates in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)