Are you tired of overpaying and want more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Seattle? Do you get frustrated by the dozens of car insurance sources in your area? You have so many sources to choose from that it can really be a lot of work to find lower prices on Volvo XC60 insurance. Seattle is the perfect city to reside in, but expensive car insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford.
It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Washington insurance shoppers could pocket 40% a year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s important to do price comparisons yearly because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest premium rates on Volvo XC60 insurance in Seattle at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
This article’s intent is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Nevertheless, Washington consumers must learn the way insurance companies calculate their prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Volvo XC60 insurance in Seattle
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-line Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Seattle, click here.
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find affordable Volvo XC60 insurance rates consists of shopping online.
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$246||$448||$256||$16||$76||$1,042||$87|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$180||$304||$284||$16||$84||$868||$72|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$224||$458||$240||$14||$72||$1,008||$84|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$196||$350||$338||$20||$102||$1,006||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices greatly.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC60 auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo XC60 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Driving violations and accidents
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders raise Volvo XC60 auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine prices.
- High credit equals lower premiums – An insured’s credit score factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history could use some work, you could save money insuring your Volvo XC60 if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper prices – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Do you have enough liability? – The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with careless tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Loss probability for a Volvo XC60 – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium rates. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo XC60 Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Washington?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agents is especially important in Seattle.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Seattle that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Seattle are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which may have better rates.
The following are Seattle independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 789-5940 – View Map
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
- Jeffrey Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4850 Rainier Ave S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8008 – View Map
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
- Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volvo XC60 in Seattle, paying for insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your XC60, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
More effort can pay off
Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. The cheapest Volvo XC60 insurance in Seattle is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Volvo XC60 insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)