Do you think you bought high-priced Audi SQ5 insurance in Seattle? Don’t sweat it because many Seattle consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many consumers in Washington could cut their rates by almost $430 a year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to compare prices before your policy renews since prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Audi SQ5 insurance in Seattle on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting online quotes for Audi SQ5 insurance in Seattle is very simple as you simply enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system will obtain your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the information you submitted. The ability to get online rate quotes for Audi SQ5 insurance in Seattle makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a better rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t overlook these Audi SQ5 insurance discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, student away at school, good student, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, air bags, defensive driver, good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, good student, business and professional, teen driver, multi-car, and distant student.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA has discounts for annual mileage, military installation, defensive driver, good student, vehicle storage, and loyalty savings.
If you want the cheapest Audi SQ5 rate quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Seattle. To find insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, click here to view.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
- Teenagers are high risk – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers are known to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Being married brings a discount – Your spouse can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
- Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Drive less and save – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your SQ5 can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Impacts performance impacts prices – The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Due to the fact that the Audi SQ5 is a luxury crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more when compared to the average rates in Seattle. Low performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Audi SQ5 insurance loss statistics – Companies factor in historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates.
The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi SQ5 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Audi SQ5 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi SQ5 4dr 4WD 188 94 162
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Seattle who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a local Seattle insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance agencies are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Seattle independent agents who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
We just showed you some good ideas how to find affordable Audi SQ5 insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Seattle, Washington? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)