Nobody I know looks forward to paying for insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Washington drivers could save an average of almost $400 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates online. Lots of car insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company to find the absolute best rates possible on Saturn Ion insurance in Seattle.
Consumers need to do price comparisons occasionally because rates change frequently. Even if you got the best premium rates on Saturn Ion insurance in Seattle on your last policy you will most likely find a better price today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Ion insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you the best ways to buy insurance cheaper in Seattle.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Seattle insurance discounts for a Saturn Ion
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Online Discount – Many auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Seattle auto insurance digitally online.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will lower your overall premium however.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, seat belt use, air bags, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, good driver, annual mileage, professional/association, good student, and location of vehicle.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include automatic seat belts, teen driver, student driver, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for auto/life discount, good student, passive restraint, premier discount, resident student, anti-lock brakes, and eSmart discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be available in every state. For a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Seattle, click this link.
The Saturn Ion Insurance Price Equation
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Since the Saturn Ion is considered a sedan, rates will be about the same compared to average rates in Seattle. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Your credit score is important – Your credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your Saturn Ion if you clean up your credit.
Drive less and save – Driving more miles every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your vehicle rating reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Ion is throwing money out the window.
Keep insurance claims to a minimum – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Washington provide discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles – Your deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Premiums and your address – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Lower rates come with age – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Beginning drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Local Seattle auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is especially important in Seattle.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Seattle who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Seattle for you
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Seattle are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both provide auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Seattle who may provide rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle who can help you get comparison quotes.
George Fu – State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 524-0330 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Seattle should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Seattle?
- How many years have they been established?
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
Budget-conscious Saturn Ion insurance is definitely available online and with local Seattle insurance agents, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Saturn Ion insurance rates in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)