Trying to find lower-priced Subaru Impreza insurance in Seattle? Locating the most affordable Seattle Subaru Impreza insurance quotes on the internet might seem problematic for consumers that are relatively new to comparison shopping on the web. Because there are so many insurers to choose from, how are we expected to even start to compare every car insurance company to find the best pricing?
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never shopped around. Drivers in America could save themselves $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates once or twice a year because car insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best premium rates on Subaru Impreza insurance in Seattle at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Quoting and comparing rates for affordable car insurance coverage in Seattle is not as difficult as people think. Practically every person who compares rates for car insurance will probably be able to reduce their rates. Although Washington consumers can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Subaru Impreza insurance in Seattle
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Seattle auto insurance on their website.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, accident-free, good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include location of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, type of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, accident-free, easy pay, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good driver.
If you want affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state. To locate insurers who offer discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$180||$250||$300||$18||$90||$838||$70|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$178||$288||$384||$22||$114||$986||$82|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$160||$318||$334||$20||$100||$932||$78|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$260||$422||$304||$18||$90||$1,094||$91|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$200||$384||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$200||$384||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$266||$364||$386||$22||$116||$1,154||$96|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$318||$622||$294||$18||$88||$1,340||$112|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$138||$278||$282||$16||$84||$798||$67|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$152||$338||$334||$20||$100||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents influence Subaru Impreza auto insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How to know if you need help
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can write business through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Seattle independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get rate quotes.
- State Farm: Karrie Dubose
1530 Westlake Ave N Suite 100 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 971-5400 – View Map
- Forrest Dawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3509 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 526-2747 – View Map
- Brent Amacher – State Farm Insurance Agent
2319 California Ave SW Ste A – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-0499 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Seattle?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
After getting answers to your satisfaction as well as cheaper Impreza insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can service your policy. Just understand that you are entitled to cancel coverage whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent for the full term.
Three good reasons to insure your Impreza
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Washington but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru for a lot more money and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, structural damage and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Washington state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and pain medications. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Subaru Impreza.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Washington limits are 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Impreza to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, falling objects and fire damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance savings summarized
When you buy Seattle auto insurance online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Subaru Impreza insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Subaru Impreza rate quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Additional insurance information can be read below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)