Having to pay for high-priced Toyota Tundra insurance in Seattle can overdraw your funds and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a price comparison can save money and help to make ends meet.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Most drivers in Washington could cut their rates by roughly $427 a year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive cheapest price on Toyota Tundra insurance in Seattle.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Seattle car insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Seattle Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Seattle can get you a discount because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Free – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Seattle car insurance quote when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Seattle car insurance online.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including automatic seat belts, driver training, good student, student driver, and early bird.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, defensive driving training, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include teen driver discount, new move discount, newly married, new vehicle discount, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
Double check with every company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Seattle. If you would like to see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Washington, click this link.
Finding more affordable insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Toyota Tundra rate quotes.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to all the different insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online eliminates this option unless you want the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Seattle, WA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$180||$312||$450||$26||$134||$1,102||$92|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$122||$236||$350||$20||$104||$832||$69|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$290||$458||$436||$26||$130||$1,340||$112|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$232||$380||$450||$26||$134||$1,222||$102|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$224||$390||$320||$18||$96||$1,048||$87|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$176||$296||$450||$26||$134||$1,082||$90|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$202||$358||$340||$20||$102||$1,022||$85|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$222||$444||$376||$22||$112||$1,176||$98|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$246||$444||$350||$20||$104||$1,164||$97|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$172||$278||$340||$20||$102||$912||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates greatly.
Toyota Tundra liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Tundra insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a written rule to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Tundra book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Impact of citations and accidents on Seattle insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions drive up Toyota Tundra insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
Add-on coverages push up prices – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Does insurance coverage cost more for guys? – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Your employer is a factor – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as judges, airline pilots, and medical professionals generally pay higher rates than average due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers such as professors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a small town is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims Drivers in populated Washington areas tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Claims statistics for a Toyota Tundra – Insurers study historical loss data to help determine costs. Models that the statistics show to have increased losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Tundra vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Tundra Vehicles
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD||88||105||96||63||75||94|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD||97||113||105||64||51||77|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD||95||131||90||85||84||107|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD||86||112||93||53||55||79|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD||93||115||69|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need help from an insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Seattle.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When finding a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Seattle can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you should always include independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Seattle that may be able to give price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. A good agent in Seattle will have answers to these questions.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How are they compensated?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How long has the business existed?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Why you need Toyota vehicle insurance in Washington
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Tundra insurance, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Tundra, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Toyota gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
You can lower your insurance rates
When searching for low cost Seattle car insurance quotes, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Toyota Tundra insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Seattle car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Toyota Tundra insurance in Seattle is definitely available both online in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about insurance in Washington can be read at these links:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)