Have you had enough of being strong-armed to buy auto insurance? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Sad but true, a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Seattle drivers can cut their rates by approximately $400 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they bought a different policy. Having so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a BMW M6 in Seattle, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the cheapest insurer.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates at least once a year because insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the lowest rate on BMW M6 insurance in Seattle six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. There is a lot of wrong information about M6 insurance online, but we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to slash your auto insurance rates in Seattle.
Compare quotes for Seattle BMW M6 insurance
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. Obtaining pricing for BMW M6 insurance in Seattle is quite easy as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online price quotes for BMW M6 insurance in Seattle makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get lower-cost rates.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies provide price quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|M6 2-Dr Coupe||$392||$912||$256||$16||$76||$1,652||$138|
|M6 2-Dr Convertible||$414||$1010||$386||$22||$116||$1,948||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of BMW M6 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can raise BMW M6 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below examines BMW M6 yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your BMW M6 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Protect more than your BMW M6
Even though Seattle M6 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your M6 has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your BMW at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Marriage reduces risk – Your spouse helps lower the price on your policy. It means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Incidental coverages push up premiums – There are a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Higher deductibles reduce costs – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a dented fender, vandalism, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose define the amount the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Cheaper premiums using alarm systems – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft.
- Always keep your insurance policy in force – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Washington department of motor vehicles.
- Do you have a tough occupation? – Occupational choices like doctors, social workers and dentists generally pay higher average rates because of high stress and long work days. Conversely, careers such as farmers, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Claims statistics for a BMW M6 – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when determining insurance prices. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for BMW M6 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
BMW M6 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW M6 2dr 387 339 BMW M6 4dr 288 439 BMW M6 Convertible 349 512
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer money-saving discounts on BMW M6 insurance in Seattle
Some companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on M6 insurance in Seattle.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
You may need help from an agent
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Seattle.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Seattle who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you want a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Seattle are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Seattle independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
George Fu – State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 524-0330 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What companies can they write with?
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheaper BMW M6 insurance in Seattle can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
We just presented many ways to save on BMW M6 insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)