Would you like to buy lower-priced insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost BMW X1 insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages on a BMW and locate the best price possible.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Seattle consumers could save about 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Buying affordable insurance in Seattle is really not that difficult. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Shoppers just have to know the most effective way to compare rate quotes online.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for BMW X1 insurance in Seattle utilizes the fact most insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details including if a SR-22 is required, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, how much coverage you want, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. The data is automatically sent to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To get price quotes for your BMW X1 now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying the right BMW X1 insurance in Washington is an important decision
Even though Seattle X1 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your BMW, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your BMW for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your BMW and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do car insurance companies bend the truth?
Washington drivers can’t get away from ads that claim the best rates by State Farm and Allstate. All the companies tend to make the same promise that drivers will save a bundle after switching your car insurance policy to them.
How does every car insurance company give you a lower rate on BMW X1 insurance in Seattle? It’s all in the words they use.
Companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable insured may need to be married and over the age of 30, carries full coverage, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” receive the lowest rate quotes in Seattle and is almost guaranteed to save money with a new company.
Drivers who do not match the ideal profile may be required to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The ads say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can make claims like that. This really emphasizes why you really should quote coverage with many companies. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for BMW X1 insurance in Seattle
Some providers don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Seattle car insurance online.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, good student
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and good driver.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, military active duty, daytime running lights, air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
If you are trying to find the cheapest BMW X1 rate quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Seattle.
Local Seattle car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Seattle who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Seattle?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
If you want to buy insurance from a local Seattle insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Seattle may be either independent or exclusive. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
- Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
- Terry Gangon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 44th Ave SW Ste 100 – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-9955 – View Map
- Jeffrey Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4850 Rainier Ave S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8008 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you will want to compare quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
- Cairns Insurance Agency
13751 Lake City Way NE #214 – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 368-8117 – View Map
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
Cost effective BMW X1 insurance can be bought online and with local Seattle insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just presented many ways to find lower-cost BMW X1 insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Seattle car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)