Do you want to save money by finding cheaper BMW Z4 insurance in Seattle? Nobody that owns a car is fond of buying car insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
Unfortunately, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on BMW Z4 insurance in Seattle a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Seattle is much easier if you have a good place to start. Vehicle owners only need to know the best way to compare insurance rates over the internet.
Compare Seattle BMW Z4 insurance quotes online
Reducing your insurance rates is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing rates to discover which company has affordable BMW Z4 insurance quotes.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the personal advice of a local Seattle agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Z4 3.0I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$224||$474||$326||$20||$98||$1,142||$95|
|Z4 3.5I SDRIVE 2-Dr Roadster||$274||$610||$284||$16||$84||$1,268||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can influence premium rates considerably.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can drive up BMW Z4 insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Washington
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your BMW Z4 but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Z4 more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Washington is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Seven factors that impact insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower insurance prices.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Gender as a rate factor – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most major insurance companies apply a discount to people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance from a different company.
- Teen drivers pay higher costs – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.Drivers with little experience are proven to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Never let your insurance expire – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Improve your credit history and save – Having a bad credit rating factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your BMW Z4 by improving your rating.
- Theft deterrents save – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Insurance loss probability for a BMW Z4 – Insurers use statistical claims data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for BMW Z4 vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for BMW Z4 Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW Z4 Convertible 131 67 78
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Seattle auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every policy discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, good driver, passive restraint, multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, paid-in-full, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, online quote, and online shopper.
- Nationwide offers discounts for multi-policy, family plan, business or organization, defensive driving, good student, anti-theft, and easy pay.
If you need affordable Seattle car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with discount rates in Washington, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Seattle car insurance agents?
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Seattle who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which family members are covered?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you want to use a good Seattle insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Seattle are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following are Seattle independent insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Affordable BMW Z4 insurance in Seattle can be sourced both online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to save on BMW Z4 insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)