How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive Acura ILX insurance in Seattle? Trying to find low cost Acura ILX insurance in Seattle can be quite difficult for drivers who are beginners to quoting coverage prices online. Consumers have so many options that it can easily be a chore to find the perfect company for you.
Shockingly, most consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never shopped around. Many consumers in Washington could save about 40% every year, but they think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
How to lower your Acura ILX insurance cost in Seattle, Washington
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from different Seattle insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find cheaper Acura ILX rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps you find the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Seattle ILX insurance quotes, so you also need to get quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Affordable Acura ILX insurance quotes in Seattle
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Seattle car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Auto insurance companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
If you want low cost Seattle car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Seattle. To choose companies who offer discounts in Washington, click here.
Protect your ILX and other assets
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your ILX, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your Acura and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Acura ILX to commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local Seattle insurance agencies and car insurance
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Seattle who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting a provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Seattle for you
When looking for a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Seattle are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 956-0580 – View Map
- Melinda Elkin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7104 Greenwood Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-6560 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map