How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Seattle? If shopping for Seattle auto insurance quotes online is new to you, chances are good that you are confused thanks to the vast number insurance agents and companies vying for business in Seattle.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Seattle insurance shoppers could save as much as $400 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest rate on Chevy Cruze insurance in Seattle last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Cruze insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get some great ways to find affordable insurance in Seattle.
If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. This article will familiarize you with how insurance works and some tricks to saving. But Washington vehicle owners should learn the way insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Just remember that more quotes will enable you to find the best price.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Washington
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Cruze, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Washington is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings. Many things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a good credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. So if your credit history could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by improving your rating.
- Your job and car insurance rates – Occupations like military personnel, airline pilots, and dentists generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
- Save money with higher deductibles – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Consolidate and save – The majority of insurance companies will award better rates to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Liability protection limits on your policy – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Chevrolet Cruze is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Seattle. The lowest performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Chevy Cruze claim probability – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Cruze insurance in Seattle
Some providers don’t list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy life insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Seattle Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because it is proof of financial responsibility.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To locate providers with significant discounts in Washington, click this link.
Insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Cruze?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
By using this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Seattle?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Washington?
Once you have positive responses to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a company that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Affordable car insurance rates are out there
Cost effective Chevy Cruze insurance is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More information is located below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)