I really doubt anyone likes buying auto insurance, in particular when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It’s hard to fathom, but most Washington auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could pocket $860 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
With so many different company options, it’s nearly impossible to locate the right auto insurance company.
Locating the best rates in Seattle is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Just about anyone who compares rates for insurance should find a lower price. Although Washington drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies sell online because it varies considerably.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Sonic insurance in Seattle
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
- Data Collection Discounts – Seattle drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to analyze where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Paper-free Discount – Many companies will give a small break shop Seattle car insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with better prices if you take out some life insurance too.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will positively reduce your policy premiums.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, pay in full, early shopping, switch companies, multi-car, mature driver, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts including emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, renters, anti-theft, and good driver.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, accident-free, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Seattle, click here.
Compare quotes for Seattle Chevy Sonic insurance
It’s important to know that comparing more prices will enable you to find a lower rate.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When buying your policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When you buy Seattle car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your Chevy Sonic insurance premium rates in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Sonic insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More affordable insurance in Seattle can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)