Are you tired of sacrificing other expenses to make your insurance payment? You have the same problem as the majority of other consumers in Washington.
It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in America could pocket about $859 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
With consumers having so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Ford Expedition in Seattle, it’s nearly impossible to locate a more affordable insurance company.
Pricing the lowest cost coverage in Seattle is not as hard as you may think. Just about each driver who compares rates for car insurance will more than likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, Washington consumers must comprehend how big insurance companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Ford Expedition insurance in Seattle is to realize almost all companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details like your job, if you have an active license, daily mileage, and if a SR-22 is needed. Your details is sent automatically to all major companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your Ford Expedition now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$138||$228||$304||$18||$90||$778||$65|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$124||$206||$240||$14||$72||$656||$55|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$204||$356||$304||$18||$90||$972||$81|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$198||$318||$236||$14||$70||$836||$70|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$286||$540||$250||$14||$76||$1,166||$97|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$232||$448||$338||$20||$102||$1,140||$95|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$238||$364||$328||$20||$98||$1,048||$87|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$162||$262||$258||$16||$78||$776||$65|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$152||$278||$264||$16||$78||$788||$66|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$318||$540||$250||$14||$76||$1,198||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase price quotes considerably.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents increase Ford Expedition auto insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance cost for men versus women
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Expedition car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Expedition in Seattle, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford Expedition, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Ford and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Washington overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Eight Things That Determine Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Listed below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine prices.
Vehicle features impact rates – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Too many policy claims drive up car insurance rates – Companies in Washington generally give the lowest premiums to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Avoid coverage lapses – Going without insurance can be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Bad drivers pay high costs – Even one citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and membership fees are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Rates impacted by your city – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
Being married is a bonus – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Insurance losses for a Ford Expedition – Car insurance companies use historical loss data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Expedition vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Expedition Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD||67||88||82||55||45||70|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD||70||98||90||54||62||56|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD||74||104||97||52|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD||88||96||110||63||60||96|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Seattle insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t always list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a slight reduction on a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, drive less, safe driver, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, bundled insurance, air bags, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, membership and employees, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, good student, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and bundle.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Ford Expedition?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Comparing prices from local Seattle insurance agencies
Many people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Seattle who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you contact independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Seattle that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Seattle, get answers to these questions.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Be persistent and save
We just covered many ways to reduce Ford Expedition insurance prices online in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Seattle is available on the web in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)