Do you need a fast way to compare more affordable GMC Sierra insurance in Seattle? Are you irritated from sacrificing to pay your insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as the majority of other people in Washington.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Most drivers in America could save $859 every year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switch to a new company. People have multiple insurance companies to choose from, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for GMC Sierra insurance in Seattle.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons quite often due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on GMC Sierra insurance in Seattle two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to learn the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Quoting and comparing the lowest-priced policy in Seattle is quite easy. If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper car insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Smart buyers just have to know the most efficient way to get comparison rates using one simple form.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$218||$472||$334||$20||$100||$1,144||$95|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$198||$390||$282||$16||$84||$970||$81|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$110||$206||$282||$16||$84||$698||$58|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$234||$416||$304||$18||$90||$1,062||$89|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$278||$530||$300||$18||$90||$1,216||$101|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$222||$466||$334||$20||$100||$1,142||$95|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$160||$302||$278||$16||$82||$838||$70|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$246||$530||$334||$20||$100||$1,230||$103|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$122||$236||$278||$16||$82||$734||$61|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$496||$304||$18||$90||$1,168||$97|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$224||$458||$282||$16||$84||$1,064||$89|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$448||$398||$24||$120||$1,222||$102|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$306||$702||$384||$22||$114||$1,528||$127|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$266||$420||$386||$22||$116||$1,210||$101|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$432||$334||$20||$100||$1,086||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can influence auto insurance rates substantially.
Impact of citations and accidents on Seattle insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims influence GMC Sierra insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender in Seattle
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your GMC Sierra book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Verify you're earning every discount
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount get Seattle car insurance on the internet.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Memberships - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, good student, driver's education, anti-theft, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, bundle discounts, business and professional, distant student, and switch companies.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, mySafetyValet, early bird, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, easy pay, business or organization, anti-theft, defensive driving, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. To choose insurers with significant discounts in Washington, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Seattle.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find an insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's important to know how they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are Seattle independent agents that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Seattle exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Mark Hafemeister - State Farm Insurance Agent
14322 Lake City Way NE - Seattle, WA 98125 - (206) 365-0600 - View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Washington?
- Are they full-time agents?
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Buying the right Sierra insurance in Washington is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your GMC for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your GMC Sierra and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Sierra definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Sierra to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your GMC Sierra.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Washington requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and fire damage. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Quote more to save more
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on GMC Sierra insurance in Seattle. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost GMC Sierra insurance in Seattle can be bought from both online companies and with local Seattle insurance agents, so get free Seattle car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agents.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)