Want to save money and find cheaper Jaguar XJ insurance in Seattle? Did a good deal turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Seattle drivers feel the same as you.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Seattle drivers could cut their rates by 40% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
People have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes quite often because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best price on Jaguar XJ insurance in Seattle last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the right way to find great coverage at a great price.
All major auto insurance companies provide price estimates direct online. Comparing prices online for Jaguar XJ insurance in Seattle is quite easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, their system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on the data you entered. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the cheapest auto insurance rates.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$678||$334||$20||$100||$1,428||$119|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$456||$294||$18||$88||$1,088||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage prices noticeably.
Jaguar XJ annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XJ insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XJ auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XJ replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jaguar, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jaguar for a lot more money and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Jaguar and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your XJ definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Big name companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies advertise the message that people will save after switching your auto insurance policy to them. How can each company charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the wording.
Companies have specific criteria for the driver that earns them a profit. One example of a driver they prefer might be described as over the age of 40, has a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A driver who matches those parameters will get very good Seattle car insurance rates and therefore will save a lot on Seattle Jaguar XJ insurance if they switch.
Consumers who do not match the ideal profile may be forced to pay higher premium rates and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims. That is why drivers must compare price quotes frequently. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Good Student – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good student, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts including anti-theft, family plan, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, business or organization, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century discounts include 55 and older, defensive driver, theft prevention, homeowners, automatic seat belts, early bird, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, and good student.
Check with each company the best way to save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Washington, click here to view.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Seattle?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How many years have they been established?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Different types of Seattle auto insurance agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Seattle can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing a policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Washington?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
In the end, you can save money
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Jaguar XJ insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)