Do you need a fast way to compare more affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Seattle? I really doubt anyone likes paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better rates elsewhere.
Shocking but true, most car insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Seattle drivers could cut their rates by 40% a year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Seattle is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Nevertheless, Washington vehicle owners do need to know how big insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Slash rates with these price cutting discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Telematics Devices – Seattle drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up over the internet.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-policy, safety device, good driver, emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, online shopper, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, and good student.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your state. To see insurers with significant discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Seattle insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Seattle.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Seattle that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Seattle that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Seattle.
Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
Jeffrey Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4850 Rainier Ave S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8008 – View Map
Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Who are their largest clients?
How Insurance Companies Determine Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in lower rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
Men tend to take more risk – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women have auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Marriage is a good thing – Having a spouse can actually save you money compared to being single. It usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Kia each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating states the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Optima Hybrid may be wasting your money.
Occupation and insurance premiums – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like military generals, social workers and emergency personnel generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like actors, engineers and performers pay the least.
Save money with alarm systems – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft.
Credit history impact car insurance rates – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Optima Hybrid by repairing your credit. Insureds with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of companies apply a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Kia Optima Hybrid claim data – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Optima Hybrid Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Seattle Optima Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Shop around and save
Lower-priced Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Seattle is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
When searching for the cheapest Kia Optima Hybrid rate quotes, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)