Want more affordable insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Lincoln MKZ insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Lincoln and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Seattle agents.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons as often as possible because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Seattle a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
These techniques will familiarize you with how to compare rates easily. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Consumers only have to learn the tricks to find the lowest price over the internet.
Smart Consumers Know How to Get Auto Insurance for Less
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Lincoln MKZ falls in the luxury sedan class, insurance will be more than the average rate where you live in Seattle.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the miles on your Lincoln in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your MKZ may be wasting your money. Verify your declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Get better premiums after the wedding – Your spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- You might want pay the minor auto insurance claims yourself – Auto insurance companies in Washington give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Lincoln MKZ claim data – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKZ vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lincoln MKZ Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD 137 85 107 95 89 75 Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD 140 82 126 99 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr 148 84 100 74 82 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most of the larger companies provide coverage price quotes on their websites. This process can be done by anyone as you simply type in your coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, the system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best rate possible.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$302||$344||$20||$102||$912||$76|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$412||$350||$20||$104||$1,066||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter auto insurance rates noticeably.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below examines Lincoln MKZ annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKZ settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Lincoln MKZ insurance rates: Men versus women
The chart below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance buyers beware
Washington consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all advertise the message about savings if you move your car insurance coverage to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? Here is the trick they use.
Companies give the best rates for the type of customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be described as between 30 and 50, has other policies, and drives newer vehicles. Anybody that hits that “sweet spot” receive the lowest rate quotes in Seattle and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay higher rates and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way insurance companies can make it sound like they have such great auto insurance rates.
This really drives home the point why it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will have the best rates at this point in time.
Car insurance in Washington serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your MKZ has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Companies don’t always list all discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of auto insurance companies give back up to $50 get Seattle auto insurance over the internet.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Seattle.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Different types of Seattle auto insurance agents
When looking for an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Seattle are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Seattle who can help you get pricing information.
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Seattle exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
- Terry Gangon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 44th Ave SW Ste 100 – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-9955 – View Map
- Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How often do they review coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
Cheap rates are available
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find affordable Lincoln MKZ insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Affordable Lincoln MKZ insurance in Seattle is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)