Are you looking for the cheapest Volkswagen Passat insurance in Seattle? Trying to come up with a payment for pricey insurance can sap your personal savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparison shopping can help to lower your bills every month.
Sadly, the vast majority of insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Seattle drivers could save as much as 40% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
You have multiple car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Seattle can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have car insurance now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Although Washington car owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Passat insurance rates in Seattle
Some providers do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Seattle can save a few bucks because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Seattle car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Seattle car insurance with select insurance companies.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
Companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, mature driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, multiple autos, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new graduate, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered in your state. For a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Seattle is to know the trick car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including driver ages, whether you have decent credit, your education level, and types of safety features. That rating data gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage rates significantly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Volkswagen Passat annual premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
The hardest decision when buying coverage is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The rates shown below can help illustrate the premium difference when you choose different coverage deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $250 comprehensive and collision deductible and the second set of prices uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can change insurance rates substantially.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $25 more each month or $300 every year than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to have at a minimum 30 months between claims, you would most likely save money if you choose the higher deductible. Below is the way you can do this calculation yourself.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $250):
|Divide difference by monthly savings:
|$750 / $25
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible
An important sidenote is that increasing deductibles to lower your rates means you will have to pay more of your own money when you file a claim. You should have enough disposable income in the event you have to pay the higher deductible in order to repair your vehicle.
What Impacts Volkswagen Passat Insurance Prices?
When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Being married is a bonus – Being married can actually save you money on your insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Many companies will give better rates to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Better prices for no policy lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Washington DMV.
- Lower rates for safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volkswagen is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Where you call home factors in – Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Insurance loss statistics a Volkswagen Passat – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine costs. Vehicles that historically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Passat vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Volkswagen Passat Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Volkswagen Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Passat 101 99 99 111 113 102
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to contact an insurance agency
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Seattle who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How long have they been in business?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
If you need to find a local Seattle insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are Seattle independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have and the cheapest Volkswagen Passat insurance in Seattle quotes, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide auto insurance coverage.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Washington
Even though Seattle Passat insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Volkswagen Passat, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your Volkswagen and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discount Volkswagen Passat insurance in Seattle can be purchased online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Seattle car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce Volkswagen Passat insurance car insurance rates online in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)