Are you burned out from wondering where the money will come from to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as most other vehicle owners in Washington.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,200, Seattle drivers can cut their rates by as much as 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates periodically since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest rate on Lexus RC F insurance in Seattle a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Seattle is really not that difficult. But Washington vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Lexus RC F insurance in Seattle is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details including the make and model of your vehicles, if you’re married, if it has an alarm system, and if a SR-22 is required. The rating information is instantly sent to insurance companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
To find lower affordable Lexus RC F insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Seattle insurance discounts for a Lexus RC F
Some providers don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Seattle Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their company to track their driving habits by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century has savings for teen driver, good student, early bird, air bags, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, good driver, accident-free, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, claim free, multi-policy, online shopper, good student, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Compare rates but work with a local Seattle insurance agent
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper prices but also keep your business local. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Seattle who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Seattle are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rates, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get price quote information.
Mark Hafemeister – State Farm Insurance Agent
14322 Lake City Way NE – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 365-0600 – View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Informed Consumers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Lexus scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Be proud to be claim-free – Car insurance companies in Washington provide the best rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Most major insurance companies give discounts to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Higher insurance rates for insurance policy lapses – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Washington DMV.
Premiums are lower the older you get – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.Teenage drivers have been known to get distracted easily when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
Auto insurance is not optional in Washington
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus RC F insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus RC F, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Lexus but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle is overpaying more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Lexus RC F insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)