Nobody that owns a car anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high.
It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in America could save approximately $850 each year, but they think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get price estimates on the web. The process is very simple as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into a form. When complete, the system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get affordable prices.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Get affordable rates on Chevy Bolt insurance in Seattle with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list their entire list of discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new Bolt can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, and driver training.
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Seattle. To see providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Seattle, click this link.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Seattle
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Stay claim-free and reduce insurance rates – Car insurance companies in Washington give lower rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
High credit rating translates to low costs – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Bolt by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
Raise your deductibles for better premiums – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Costs are affected by your address – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents.
Liability preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Low mileage costs less – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Bolt is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Comparing prices from local Seattle insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Seattle.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Seattle that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Seattle agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance rates, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Seattle that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Seattle should know the answers to these questions.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Seattle?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to these questions and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. It’s important to know that you can always terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
Insurance advertising tricks
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest rates from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies have a common claim that you can save if you switch your coverage.
It sounds good, but how can they all offer you a better deal on Chevy Bolt insurance in Seattle? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, a desirable insured might be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that fits those parameters will probably get the lowest premium rates and will save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for these criteria will get higher premium rates which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
Different companies use different criteria so you really should do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will have the best Chevy Bolt insurance in Seattle.
Quote more and you will save more
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Chevy Bolt insurance prices in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Much more information about insurance in Washington can be read at these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)