Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Seattle? Nobody rejoices having to buy insurance, especially when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Sad but true, almost 70% of insureds in Washington have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Consumers in the U.S. could save about $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Consumers have many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Seattle.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around yearly since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Seattle a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Save money on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Seattle with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may find discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle car insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower car insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including good driver, good student, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, and ease of repair.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, federal employee, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple autos, and good student.
If you need low cost Seattle car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. To locate companies offering car insurance discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Captiva Sport in Seattle, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Which family members are covered?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How many years have they been established?
When looking for a local Seattle insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Listed below are independent agencies in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
After receiving good responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.