Did a good deal turn out to be overpriced Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Seattle? Trust us, you’re not alone.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Seattle can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates. Many car insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the absolute best price available on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Seattle.
If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Seattle is quite easy. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison rates from many different companies online.
Finding more affordable Chevy Silverado 2500HD auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to take the time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to physically go to different Seattle agent offices. Doing it all online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$364||$294||$18||$88||$972||$81|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$348||$314||$18||$94||$934||$78|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$664||$398||$24||$120||$1,524||$127|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$364||$622||$386||$22||$116||$1,510||$126|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$246||$536||$376||$22||$112||$1,292||$108|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$228||$482||$404||$24||$120||$1,258||$105|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$640||$450||$26||$134||$1,568||$131|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$280||$598||$356||$22||$106||$1,362||$114|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$246||$606||$376||$22||$112||$1,362||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise prices considerably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The chart below shows the difference between Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD yearly insurance costs for each different age group. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Silverado 2500HD. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten multiple violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Insure car and home with the same company – Lots of insurers will give a discount for people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other Seattle Silverado 2500HD insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is considered a pickup truck, insurance will be similar in price when compared to the average rates in Seattle.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Washington motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Defend yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available very well, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from Seattle attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seattle Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy premiums.
If you would like to view companies with discount car insurance rates in Washington, click this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A small number of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Seattle.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Seattle that provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Shown below are agents in Seattle that can give you rate quotes for Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Seattle.
Selecting a company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How are they compensated?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Cheap auto insurance rates are out there
You just read a lot of tips how to reduce Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates online in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Seattle can be bought from both online companies and with local Seattle insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Seattle, Washington? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)