Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other vehicle owners in Washington.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Washington could pocket approximately 40% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
Because you have many insurance companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Chrysler Crossfire in Seattle, it can be hard to locate the most affordable insurer.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Seattle is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the following tips. Although Washington drivers should learn how companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Seattle takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you drive to work or school, if your license is active, and coverage limits. That rating information is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To check rates for your Chrysler Crossfire now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Seattle.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Cheap Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Seattle
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Seattle can save you money since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their company to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to bad drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Crossfire can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy cost.
Car insurance companies who may offer these benefits are:
If you want cheaper Seattle car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available everywhere. To find car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Washington, click here.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Liability coverage risk factors in – Liability coverage kicks in if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Driving citations are costly – Getting just one moving violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have multiple tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Do you save by driving less? – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money. An improperly rated Crossfire is just wasting money.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like judges, architects and financial analysts generally pay the highest rates in part from intense work situations and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as professors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Policy lapses lead to higher premiums – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Seattle insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Seattle who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Seattle should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you want an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Seattle can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Seattle exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Seattle who can help you get price quotes.
Save $435 a year! What?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save just by switching to them. It sounds good, but how can they all have lower policy pricing? It’s all in the numbers.
Companies have specific criteria for the type of insured that earns them the highest profit. One example of this type of risk profile should be over the age of 45, carries full coverage, and drives newer vehicles. Any person who meets those qualifications will get very good Seattle premium rates and will most likely save if they switch.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile may be forced to pay a higher rate and ends up with business not being written. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save money. This is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great premium rates. This really emphasizes why it is so important to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Quote often and quote early
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
As you quote Seattle car insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at these links:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)