Are you intimidated by the wide range of insurance providers available to you? You’re not alone. You have such a large number of options that it is a real difficult job to lower your insurance rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Seattle. Seattle is an excellent city in which to live, but expensive insurance premiums can make it very difficult to buy proper levels of coverage.
Sadly, over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Washington could save nearly 40% every year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
Get cheaper Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Seattle with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- No Claim Discounts – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free pay much less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Seattle attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may include these discounts are:
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Seattle, click this link.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if you have a valid license, your credit rating estimate, whether you are single or married, and how much you drive. Those rating factors is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes immediately.
To find lower lower-cost Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Seattle.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$96||$168||$240||$14||$72||$590||$49|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$118||$194||$256||$16||$76||$660||$55|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact rates substantially.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The information below shows the difference between Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Seattle.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Seattle that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Seattle agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
- Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
- Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 – Seattle, WA 98101 – (206) 621-6444 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Carmelita Strong
5959 Martin Luther King Jr Way S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8969 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Boender
4453 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-2191 – View Map
- Alex Bagdasarov – State Farm Insurance Agent
4719 University Way NE #202 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 946-1986 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Seattle should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from flooding, hail damage and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, court costs and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Washington state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your PT Cruiser caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a building, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible on your PT Cruiser to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Frequent quotes can save
You just learned many ideas to find cheaper Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
More affordable insurance in Seattle can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers and high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is less work than it seems.
More detailed insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)