Do you want to learn how to find lower-priced BMW X6 insurance in Seattle? Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can bottom out your bank account and require stricter spending habits. Doing a rate comparison can lower your rates and help to tighten up your finances.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. Washington drivers could save almost $430 every year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around. Online insurance companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all promote huge savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Good Student – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Seattle auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Online Discount – Certain companies will provide an incentive shop Seattle auto insurance over the internet.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Seattle may earn you a small savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts possibly include:
If you need affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply everywhere.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X6 35I AWD||$344||$808||$356||$22||$106||$1,636||$136|
|X6 50I AWD||$376||$902||$356||$22||$106||$1,762||$147|
|X6 ActiveHybrid AWD||$462||$1066||$398||$24||$120||$2,070||$173|
|X6 M AWD||$292||$618||$282||$16||$84||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific Seattle garaging location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below shows the difference between BMW X6 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Washington. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your BMW X6 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can influence BMW X6 auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings. Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Allowing your car insurance to lapse raises prices – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
What’s your car’s safety rating? – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If the BMW X6 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
What are good liability insurance limits? – The liability section of your policy is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Many people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Seattle.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Seattle who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Seattle insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent insurance agents in Seattle who may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Seattle who can help you get price quote information.
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- How are claims handled?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Seattle?
Choosing BMW X6 insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a BMW X6 in Seattle, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your BMW has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your BMW at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your BMW X6. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to save money.
Cover all your bases
Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cheaper BMW X6 insurance in Seattle is available online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)