Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced Buick Verano insurance in Seattle? Don’t sweat it because you’re not alone.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. American insurance shoppers could save nearly $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings with catchy ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best quotes on Buick Verano insurance in Seattle a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Seattle can initially seem challenging. But Washington car owners should learn how insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Buick Verano insurance in Seattle
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Single drivers may have higher rates – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
- More performance means more cost – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Buick Verano is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Seattle. Economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – The deductibles you choose define how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Gals pay lower premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Buick Verano insurance loss probability – Companies use historical loss data when setting premium rates. Models that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The table below shows the historical loss data for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Verano Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Some companies don’t list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Professional Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current Verano insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers discounts include IntelliDrive, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, accident-free, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, homeowner, mature driver, switch companies, multi-car, and business and professional.
- Esurance has savings for online quote, multi-policy, good driver, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, good student, driver’s education, multiple autos, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for location of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, type of vehicle, accident-free, and annual mileage.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies the best way to save money. Discounts might not apply in your area. To view car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Washington, click here to view.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many drivers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Seattle?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How many companies do they write for?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Seattle can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Seattle who can help you get price quote information.
Allstate Insurance: Josh Boender
4453 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-2191 – View Map
Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
Jeffrey Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4850 Rainier Ave S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8008 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Seattle independent agents willing to provide rate quotes.
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
Cairns Insurance Agency
13751 Lake City Way NE #214 – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 368-8117 – View Map
Auto insurance advertisements
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on television and other media. They all try to convey promises that people will save just by switching your policy. That’s great but how can every company cost less than your current company?
Many companies quote the lowest rates for the type of insured that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured may need to be a mature driver, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria will get low premium rates and will save if they switch.
Drivers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will have to pay higher premiums and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can make those claims. Because each company has a different risk profile, you need to compare rate quotes every year. It’s impossible to know which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Low-cost Buick Verano insurance in Seattle can be sourced from both online companies and with local Seattle insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Buick Verano insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Buick Verano rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with the least-expected company.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)