Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for the cheapest insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Chevy Equinox insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages on a Chevy and locate the lowest price from Seattle insurance agents and online providers.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Seattle can save almost $427 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
How to lower your Chevy Equinox insurance cost in Seattle, Washington
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive give pricing direct online. This process doesn’t take much effort as you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. After you submit the form their system gets your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get affordable prices.
In order to find out how much you can save on car insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$160||$318||$334||$20||$100||$932||$78|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$196||$376||$310||$18||$92||$992||$83|
|Equinox LS AWD||$160||$304||$334||$20||$100||$918||$77|
|Equinox LT AWD||$282||$564||$398||$24||$120||$1,388||$116|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$274||$610||$384||$22||$114||$1,404||$117|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$234||$416||$304||$18||$90||$1,062||$89|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$122||$236||$278||$16||$82||$734||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change price quotes significantly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Chevrolet Equinox insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Seattle
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Equinox insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below examines Chevrolet Equinox premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no written rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevrolet Equinox settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Distant Student – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Equinox insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Seattle auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, good driver, and good student.
- Travelers may have discounts that include early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, student away at school, home ownership, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, air bag, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available in your state. To view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
How Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Equinox Insurance Prices
Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Urban areas may pay more – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Too many claims drive up insurance rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Washington give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – The more you drive each year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. Improper usage on your Equinox can cost quite a bit.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. So if your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Equinox by repairing your credit.
- Having a spouse is a bonus – Getting married may save some money compared to being single. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Chevy Equinox historical loss data – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Equinox vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Equinox Vehicles
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD 82 86 74 101 104 93 Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD 84 88 85 89 93 81
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents near you
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Seattle.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Seattle can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Seattle who may provide free rate quotes.
- Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
- Greg Nunn – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Roy St #102 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-9700 – View Map
- State Farm: Karrie Dubose
1530 Westlake Ave N Suite 100 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 971-5400 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is glass protection for?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop smart and save
We covered some good ideas how to compare Chevy Equinox insurance prices in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Discount Chevy Equinox insurance in Seattle can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Seattle, Washington? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)