Are you tired of wondering where the money will come from to make your car insurance payment? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
Amazingly, over 70% of Washington drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers could save themselves $850 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare other rate quotes. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the absolute lowest price on Dodge Avenger insurance in Seattle.
Score discounts to get cheaper Seattle auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Avenger insurance in Seattle takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as your education level, if it has an anti-theft system, how old drivers are, and how many miles driven. Your details gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Seattle.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can revise coverage prices greatly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can impact Dodge Avenger car insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Avenger insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn’t a written rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Avenger book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Seattle who will give you bids for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has the business existed?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Seattle
When looking for a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Seattle are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following are independent agents in Seattle who can help you get rate quotes.
If you receive reasonable responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Quote more and you will save more
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like high prices, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Discount Dodge Avenger insurance in Seattle can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, so you need to quote Seattle car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)