Wish you could get out of high-priced Dodge Viper insurance in Seattle? You’re preaching to the choir because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. The average driver in Washington could save an average of roughly 40% each year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare other rate quotes. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Dodge Viper insurance in Seattle on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn the best way to save on insurance.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Dodge Viper insurance in Seattle is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is give them some information such as an estimate of your credit level, if it has an alarm system, how much you drive, and if you have an active license. Your rating data gets sent immediately to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes quickly.
To compare cheaper Dodge Viper insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$256||$592||$282||$16||$84||$1,230||$103|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$322||$800||$356||$22||$106||$1,606||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific Seattle garaging location which can revise premium rates noticeably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Viper insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set guideline to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Viper replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can impact Dodge Viper car insurance rates for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Seattle car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when getting a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Viper may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to track driving habits remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for signing up on their website.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Washington, click this link.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
Certain consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When searching for a good Seattle insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Seattle can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive agents who may provide you with price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Washington?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Seattle Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Your age impacts your rates – Inexperience drivers tend to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a teenage driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your insurance declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Viper is just wasting money.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Getting married equates to better costs – Your spouse can get you a discount on your insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Most larger insurance companies allow discounts for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Dodge Viper has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – Having a good credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Viper if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Liability is important – The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Loss statistics for a Dodge Viper – Companies use historical loss data when setting premium costs. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Dodge Viper vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Viper Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Viper 2dr 147
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your Dodge Viper just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Seattle, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
You just learned a lot of techniques to shop for Dodge Viper insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Dodge Viper rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
More tips and info about insurance is located in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)