Are you regretting the purchase of overpriced Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Seattle? It’s a common feeling and there are lots of people in the same boat.
It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Seattle drivers could save approximately $427 every year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Since you have so many insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Ford C-Max Energi in Seattle, it is very difficult to find the lowest price car insurance company.
Consumers need to price shop coverage on a regular basis because rates change regularly. If you had the best premium rates on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Seattle two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. You can find a lot of wrong information about C-Max Energi insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some tested techniques to slash your car insurance rates in Seattle.
Cheap Seattle Ford C-Max Energi insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, quoting more increases your odds of finding a better price. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Big brands don’t always mean big savings
Big name companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies advertise the message that you can save if you switch your policy. That’s great but how can every company give you a better price on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Seattle? It’s all in how they say it.
Many companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, a desirable risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any person who matches those parameters will get very good Seattle prices and will also save if they switch.
Consumers who may not quite match this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher rates with the end result being business not being written. The ads state “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, it is so important to compare free Seattle car insurance quotes often. It’s impossible to know which company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Car insurance in Washington serves several purposes
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Seattle, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your Ford C-Max Energi and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Washington is wasting up to $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable rates with these five discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Accident Free – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of car insurance companies with discount rates in Seattle, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local Seattle insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The following are agents in Seattle that can give you price quote information for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Seattle.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When selecting a policy, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Ford C-Max Energi
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford C-Max Energi.
Since many Washington drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for dental work, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, loss of income and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your C-Max Energi from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your C-Max Energi to save money on collision insurance.
Cheap Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Seattle can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)