Did a good deal turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Seattle consumers are in the same pinch.
A recent study showed that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Seattle drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Having so many options for buying lower-cost insurance for a Kia Amanti in Seattle, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the lowest price insurer.
It’s smart to check car insurance prices periodically since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rate on Kia Amanti insurance in Seattle a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Do you qualify for these seven discounts?
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Amanti insurance in Seattle.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driver class may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- No Accidents – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy cost.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance has discounts for online quote, good student, emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, multi-car, homeowner, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, new move discount, teen driver discount, good student, new graduate, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, teen driver, paid in full, air bags, company car, and group or association.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, good student, military active duty, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Washington, click here.
When shopping for Kia Amanti insurance in Seattle there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from lots of Washington auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest Kia Amanti rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the trained guidance of a local agency. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy. Keep in mind that more quotes increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance agents can help
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Seattle
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Seattle agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Amanti.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Amanti to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, falling objects and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance – This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Washington state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, surgery and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Do the work, save more money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to find lower-cost Kia Amanti insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)