Would you like an easy way to compare the cheapest Kia Stinger insurance in Seattle? Wish you could get out of an expensive auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because many Seattle consumers are in the same pinch.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Washington kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in the United States can save $860 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switch to a new company.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to adequately compare rates for Kia Stinger insurance in Seattle.
It’s important to shop coverage around once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best deal on Kia Stinger insurance in Seattle at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of information about Stinger insurance online but you can learn some excellent ideas to put money back in your pocket.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Seattle is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you should be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Washington drivers should learn how companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Washington auto insurance companies. The best way to compare Kia Stinger insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Kia Stinger insurance rates online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can compare the best prices online and still use a local agent.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps locate a lower rate. Not every company allows you to get online Seattle Stinger insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Stinger in Seattle, buying car insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Kia Stinger. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Misconceptions in auto insurance advertisements
Well-known auto insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. They all seem to try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle if you move your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can save you money on Kia Stinger insurance in Seattle? You have to listen carefully.
Most companies give the cheapest rates for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of this type of driver could possibly be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get low prices and will save if they switch.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile may be required to pay higher premiums which results in the customer not buying. The trick is to say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This really illustrates why you really should do a quote comparison often. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Seattle is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Seattle insurance agency
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Seattle, get answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Seattle?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Seattle car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When looking for a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Seattle can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
The following are Seattle independent agents that can give you price quote information.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on Kia Stinger insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Seattle car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Seattle can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to shop Seattle car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)