Having to pay for overpriced Lexus NX 200t insurance in Seattle can drain your funds and maybe even restrict other spending.
It’s hard to believe, but 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many drivers in Washington can cut their rates by up to $400 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Due to the large number of insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Lexus NX 200t in Seattle, it is very difficult to locate the best auto insurance provider.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons yearly because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best deal on Lexus NX 200t insurance in Seattle a couple years back you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Buying affordable car insurance coverage in Seattle is not as time-consuming as you think. Practically every vehicle owner who requires lower cost car insurance should be able to find better rates. But Washington consumers need to learn the way companies determine how much to charge and use it to find better rates.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better insurance rates.
Better premiums with anti-theft devices – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft.
Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Lexus scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Tickets mean higher costs – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with serious violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Poor credit can mean higher premiums – Your credit history can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your Lexus NX 200t if you clean up your credit. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
Liability protection is critical – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Where can I get affordable Seattle Lexus NX 200t insurance?
Most companies allow you to get price estimates online. Comparing prices online for Lexus NX 200t insurance in Seattle is pretty easy because you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system orders your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote. Quoting online for Lexus NX 200t insurance in Seattle makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest payment possible.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Save $387 a year! What?
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies make the point that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your policy. How do they all make the same claim? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Auto insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk might have to be married and over the age of 30, has other policies, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will most likely save money with a new company.
Potential customers who do not match these stringent criteria will see higher premiums and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great premium rates.
That is why you should get Seattle auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s just not possible to know which auto insurance company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Protect more than your NX 200t
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Seattle, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your NX 200t has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Lexus NX 200t. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Seattle without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Seattle can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current NX 200t insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for good student, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, driver training, payment discounts, home ownership, good student, new car, and multi-policy.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good student, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, multi-car, new vehicle discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, newly married, and teen driver discount.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Seattle auto insurance agent
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Seattle.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Seattle who may provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
If you feel you receive good responses and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. Just be aware that it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage when you choose so never assume you are locked into a policy for the entire policy term.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Lexus NX 200t?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Seattle can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Lexus NX 200t insurance auto insurance rates in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More information can be read below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)