Are you tired of overpaying and want the cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Seattle? I really doubt anyone enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Washington have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. American consumers could pocket nearly $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switch to a new company. Due to the fact that there are so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it’s difficult to locate the lowest price insurance company.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Seattle can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to find the best rates and still have adequate protection. Drivers just need to know how to compare prices from many companies at once.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Seattle utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as any included safety features, coverage limits, marital status, and how you use your vehicles. Your details gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Seattle.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercedes-Benz in Seattle, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Mercedes-Benz at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Mercedes-Benz and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Washington is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How You Can Control Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Do you save by driving less? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your SLS AMG is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your insurance policy shows the correct usage.
Lower rates with alarm systems – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
Does insurance cost less for women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Credit rating impacts premium rates – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG if you clean up your credit. People with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit.
Get cheaper rates by earning discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap SLS AMG insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used SLS AMG can save you some money since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable companies to spy on their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, click this link.
You may want advice from an agent
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider requires more thought than just the price. A good agent in Seattle will have answers to these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Seattle?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
The following are Seattle auto insurance companies who can help you get price quotes for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Seattle.
Andy Hubbard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1515 NW 52nd St a – Seattle, WA 98107 – (206) 789-4211 – View Map
Shop around and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Discount Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Seattle is attainable both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)