Are you tired of overpaying and want more competitive Nissan Murano insurance in Seattle? Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Nissan Murano in Washington can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to compare rates for a Nissan and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Nissan Murano insurance in Seattle utilizes the fact almost all companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data including your credit rating estimate, if you are currently licensed, your education level, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Seattle.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$122||$248||$334||$20||$100||$824||$69|
|Murano S AWD||$138||$278||$356||$22||$106||$900||$75|
|Murano SL 2WD||$176||$318||$278||$16||$82||$870||$73|
|Murano SL AWD||$160||$304||$310||$18||$92||$884||$74|
|Murano LE 2WD||$160||$302||$278||$16||$82||$838||$70|
|Murano LE AWD||$222||$444||$334||$20||$100||$1,120||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise premium rates greatly.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan Murano insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Murano book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Nissan Murano premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Nissan Murano insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Seattle, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Murano with a loan, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Nissan Murano and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Nissan gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Murano definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Washington overpays as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your rates.
Prevent theft and save - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance - The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Nissan Murano is a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more when compared to the average rates in Seattle. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
When should you file a claims? - If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Washington give better rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Driving citations increase prices - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with severe tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Insurance premiums and driver gender - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Policy add-ons could be costing you - There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Credit history impact auto insurance premiums - Having a bad credit score factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Murano by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Nissan Murano insurance claim data - Insurers analyze historical claim data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The data below shows the collected loss data for Nissan Murano vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Nissan Murano Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Murano 4dr 2WD||79||105|
|Nissan Murano 4dr 4WD||102||66||98||84|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost Nissan Murano insurance in Seattle with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Murano insurance in Seattle.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow their company to analyze their driving habits remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Auto/Life Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on your computer.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Seattle, click here.
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Washington?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Who is covered when they drive my Nissan Murano?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
When should I contact an insurance agent?
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Seattle.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Seattle are considered either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it's important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to include several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Seattle who may provide free rate quotes.
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW - Seattle, WA 98136 - (206) 932-2500 - View Map
- Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St - Seattle, WA 98121 - (800) 247-2643 - View Map
- Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW - Seattle, WA 98117 - (206) 789-5940 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
- Luan Vu - State Farm Insurance Agent
6951 Martin Luther King Jr Way S #224 - Seattle, WA 98118 - (206) 243-3041 - View Map
- David Lo - State Farm Insurance Agent
12705 Renton Ave S - Seattle, WA 98178 - (206) 772-3388 - View Map
- Terry Gangon - State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 44th Ave SW Ste 100 - Seattle, WA 98116 - (206) 935-9955 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
After receiving acceptable answers and a low price estimate, you've probably found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you have the power to terminate your policy any time you want so never feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for the full policy term.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Discount Nissan Murano insurance in Seattle is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you quote Seattle car insurance, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)