Are you sick of overpaying and want more competitive auto insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Tesla Model S insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Tesla and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
It’s smart to shop coverage around every six months because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Tesla Model S insurance in Seattle a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to find better coverage on Tesla Model S insurance in Seattle at a better price.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap prices in Washington
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on your computer.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policies in Seattle. To see a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Washington, click here to view.
Tesla Model S Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into prices.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, protects your Tesla from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Lower rates for married couples – Being married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Age of drivers impacts rates – Older people are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Young drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Occupation reflects on prices – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than average in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs like professors, athletes and performers get better rates.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can save you money when talking about car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Washington cities tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Model S can cost quite a bit. Verify your car insurance coverage is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- More policies can equal more savings – Lots of insurance companies provide lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Does car insurance cost more for men? – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Loss statistics for a Tesla Model S – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Tesla Model S Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Tesla Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD 324 116 208 39 46 104 Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD 333
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Seattle can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below are Seattle independent agencies that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.
- Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
- Thury Foster – State Farm Insurance Agent
444 NE Ravenna Blvd #104 – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 985-2528 – View Map
- Sheila Burrus – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 N Northgate Way – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 364-2210 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Washington?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Switch companies and save? Really?
Washington drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the companies tend to make the same promise about savings just by switching your insurance policy to them.
That’s great but how can every company make the same claim? Here is how they do it.
Different companies quote their best rates for the type of customer that will generate a profit. One example of this type of risk profile may be over the age of 50, has had continuous coverage, and insures a new vehicle. Anybody who matches that profile may get the lowest premium rates in Seattle and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for these criteria may be required to pay higher prices and this can result in business not being written. The wording the ads use say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can make those claims.
Each company has different criteria, so you should get as many free Seattle auto insurance quotes as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Tesla Model S insurance in Seattle.
Persistent drivers can save
Cost effective Tesla Model S insurance can be found on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your Tesla Model S insurance rates in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. Regional companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)