Would you like to save money by finding cheaper Volkswagen Golf insurance in Seattle? Finding budget Seattle Volkswagen Golf insurance quotes online can be overwhelming for consumers that are relatively new to comparison shopping on the web. With more and more companies in the marketplace, how are consumers expected to even start to compare every one to find the lowest price?
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Most drivers in America could save nearly 46.5% every year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Seattle six months ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Shopping around for affordable protection in Seattle is not as difficult as people think. But Washington vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
Quote Seattle Volkswagen Golf insurance online
When shopping for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Seattle there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for Volkswagen Golf insurance consists of shopping online.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide Seattle Golf insurance quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from them as well.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$122||$294||$334||$20||$100||$870||$73|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$222||$444||$334||$20||$100||$1,120||$93|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$238||$420||$386||$22||$116||$1,182||$99|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$246||$530||$310||$18||$92||$1,196||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific Seattle garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Golf annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Washington. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Golf replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Volkswagen Golf annual premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do insurance companies bend the truth?
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads seem to make the promise that you’ll save big if you just switch your policy. How is it plausible that every one can have lower policy pricing? This is the way they can do it.
Companies quote the lowest rates for the driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, a desirable insured could be a married female, has a clear driving record, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any customer that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price as well as cut their Volkswagen Golf insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be charged more expensive rates which results in business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great rates.
Because of this risk profiling, you really need to get as many free Seattle car insurance quotes as possible. Because you cannot predict which company will have the best Volkswagen Golf insurance in Seattle.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Golf insurance, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Washington overpays as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Golf insurance rates in Seattle
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current Golf insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Seattle car insurance quotes online.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer online Volkswagen Golf insurance quotes in Washington, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
The following are Seattle auto insurance companies that may be willing to give price quotes for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Seattle.
- Andy Hubbard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1515 NW 52nd St a – Seattle, WA 98107 – (206) 789-4211 – View Map
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
- Brent Amacher – State Farm Insurance Agent
2319 California Ave SW Ste A – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-0499 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 956-0580 – View Map
Selecting an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Which family members are covered?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that will properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that you can always cancel coverage whenever you want so don’t think you are locked into a policy for the entire policy term.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Washington?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Washington?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Golf resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Golf to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Washington drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Shop around and save
Cheaper Volkswagen Golf insurance in Seattle can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Seattle car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)