Volkswagen Jetta insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Seattle? Have you had enough of sacrificing to pay auto insurance each month? You have the same problem as the majority of other consumers in Washington.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. Washington drivers can cut their rates by 40% a year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates online.
Many insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the best rates possible on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Seattle.
Cheap companies for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Washington
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$264||$282||$16||$84||$790||$66|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$196||$396||$284||$16||$84||$976||$81|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$448||$310||$18||$92||$1,086||$91|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$262||$304||$18||$90||$818||$68|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$156||$328||$304||$18||$90||$896||$75|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$530||$334||$20||$100||$1,230||$103|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$310||$282||$16||$84||$856||$71|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$156||$328||$304||$18||$90||$896||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can influence Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Seattle?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Jetta insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Online Discount - Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Seattle can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Jetta can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, click this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Washington minimum liability coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volkswagen Jetta?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Seattle auto insurance agents and insurance
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Seattle.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you're trying to find a local Seattle insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Seattle that may be able to give free price quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Seattle willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Seattle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Where are claims handled?
The ad said I'd save $406 a year!
Big name companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to try to convey promises about savings just by switching your policy. That's great but how can every company give you a lower rate on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Seattle? It's all in the words they use.
Different companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable risk might be described as over the age of 45, has a low-risk occupation, and insures a new vehicle. Any new insured that meets those criteria will probably get cheap premium rates and will cut their Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates if they switch.
Consumers who fall short of those standards will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save money. That is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best prices.
This really illustrates why you really need to quote coverage with many companies. It's just not possible to know which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
We covered many tips how you can shop for Volkswagen Jetta insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)