No normal person is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they know their premiums are too high.
Sad but true, most car insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Seattle could save roughly $427 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to shop around.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest price on Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Seattle.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare prices from different Seattle insurance companies. The best method to find competitive Volkswagen Touareg insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Touareg 3 Turbo Diesel AWD 4-Dr||$246||$510||$334||$20||$100||$1,210||$101|
|Touareg 3.6 AWD 4-Dr||$224||$442||$282||$16||$84||$1,048||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can revise premiums noticeably.
Car insurance rates by age and gender in Seattle
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Touareg yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower rates. Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of companies will give a discount to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Being located in a small town has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive your Volkswagen in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy states annual mileage. Improper usage on your Touareg can cost quite a bit.
- How much liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Teen vs. experienced drivers – Teenage drivers in Washington have been known to be more careless when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Prices may be lower depending on your vocation – Careers such as doctors, architects and dentists usually pay the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and long work days. Other careers like actors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Claims statistics for a Volkswagen Touareg – Insurers analyze historical claim data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Volkswagen Touareg vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Touareg Vehicles
Specific Volkswagen Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Touareg 4dr 4WD 131 115 133 56 65 87
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Check for these rate reducing discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Seattle may earn you a small savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, early bird, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, good driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, homeowners, student driver, air bags, and early bird.
- Travelers has savings for home ownership, save driver, new car, good student, IntelliDrive, and driver training.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, multi-policy, good student, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to a policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Seattle will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Washington?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agents in Seattle can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get price quote information.
Forrest Dawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
3509 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 526-2747 – View Map
Melinda Elkin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7104 Greenwood Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-6560 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Barry V. Hasson
7721 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 782-5191 – View Map
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, you should always compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are Seattle independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)