If you’re trying to find more affordable insurance, are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance providers available to you? You’re not alone. There are such a vast assortment of providers available that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find the lowest price for Volvo XC90 insurance in Seattle. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Seattle is an excellent city in which to live, but budgeting for expensive auto insurance can make it very difficult to be able to afford adequate coverage.
It’s amazing but a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average premium in Washington being $1,200, drivers could cut their rates by up to $430 a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
You need to get comparison quotes at least once a year since insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best rate on Volvo XC90 insurance in Seattle a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to find great coverage at a great price.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Seattle is quite easy. Basically, each driver who comparison shops for car insurance will more than likely find better rates. Nevertheless, Washington consumers do need to know the way companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|XC90 3.2 2WD
|XC90 3.2 R-Design 2WD
|XC90 3.2 AWD
|XC90 V8 AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise coverage prices substantially.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC90 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can influence Volvo XC90 auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Policy deductible comparison
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Volvo XC90 insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo XC90 insurance, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your XC90, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your XC90 are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance rates and discounts
Companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, professional/association, good student, multi-policy, annual mileage, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, business and professional, teen driver, pay in full, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, air bags, safe vehicle, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, newly married, multi-car, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- USAA may have discounts that include family discount, driver training, good student, military installation, multi-policy, new vehicle, and loyalty savings.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view providers who offer cheap Volvo XC90 insurance quotes in Seattle, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Seattle who will give you bids to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Seattle will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
- Is there a local claims center in Seattle?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Seattle that may be willing to give price quotes for Volvo XC90 insurance in Seattle.
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
- Raymond Insurance-Pemco and Progressive
6011 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 933-8812 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
- Jeff Kalvelage – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N 36th St #201 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 588-0559 – View Map
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, loss of income, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Washington requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for surgery, dental work, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your XC90 to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Volvo XC90.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10 in Washington), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Persistence will pay off
You just read a lot of ways to compare Volvo XC90 insurance prices in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Volvo XC90 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)