Are you tired of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as most other people in Washington.
It’s astonishing, but most Washington car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save roughly 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest rate on Dodge Dakota insurance in Seattle.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Seattle drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up early. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will bring down your car insurance premiums.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, passive restraint, multiple policy, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, business or organization, and easy pay.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for good student, homeowners, air bags, 55 and older, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford has discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Seattle.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if the car is leased, driver ages, if it has an anti-theft system, and what you do for a living. Your rating data is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Dodge Dakota now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$194||$442||$446||$26||$134||$1,242||$104|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$118||$236||$376||$22||$112||$864||$72|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$230||$422||$380||$22||$114||$1,168||$97|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$260||$384||$482||$28||$144||$1,298||$108|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$358||$416||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$128||$262||$380||$22||$114||$906||$76|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$260||$422||$304||$18||$90||$1,094||$91|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$200||$326||$282||$16||$84||$908||$76|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$252||$520||$446||$26||$134||$1,378||$115|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$326||$282||$16||$84||$908||$76|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$136||$248||$334||$20||$100||$838||$70|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$182||$242||$386||$22||$116||$948||$79|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$222||$466||$334||$20||$100||$1,142||$95|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$180||$376||$334||$20||$100||$1,010||$84|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$452||$294||$18||$88||$1,110||$93|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$224||$384||$282||$16||$84||$990||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices significantly.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The chart below illustrates how violations and accident claims raise Dodge Dakota insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get Cheaper Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
Men pay higher prices – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. They both have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
Extra policy coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
High performance equals high costs – The performance of the car you drive makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Due to the fact that the Dodge Dakota is considered a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Seattle.
Tickets cost more than a fine – Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with flagrant citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
How much car insurance do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Seattle?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I buy only the required Washington minimum liability coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Seattle.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Seattle that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a short list of insurers in Seattle that may be able to provide rate quotes for Dodge Dakota insurance in Seattle.
Picking the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Dakota insurance, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Dodge Dakota insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)