When looking for lower-priced insurance, are you confused by the wide range of insurance companies that you can choose from? Consumers have such a vast assortment of companies available that it can be more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest prices for Dodge Magnum insurance in Seattle. If you live there, you know that Seattle is a great city to live in, but getting gouged by high insurance rates makes it difficult to pay other bills every month.
A study showed that the majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Seattle drivers can cut their rates by approximately $427 a year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Quoting and buying the best coverage in Seattle is quite easy. Although Washington drivers need to learn the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Get Cheaper Car Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Don't buy extra policy coverages that aren't used - There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and membership fees may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Gals pay lower prices - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
A good credit score can save money - An insured's credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Magnum if you improve your credit rating.
Do you work long hours in a high stress occupation? - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like military personnel, social workers and medical professionals have higher average rates because of intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
All the larger car insurance companies provide insurance quotes on the web. Getting online quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Seattle is very simple because you just enter your coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, the system sends out for credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Getting online quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Seattle makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a better rate.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you duplicate the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Can you really save if you switch?
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to convey the message about saving some big amount just by moving your coverage. How is it possible that every company can claim to save you money? It's all in how they say it.
All companies have specific characteristics for a prospective insured that earns them the most money. A good example of a desirable risk might be over age 30, is a homeowner, and does not commute to work. A customer getting a price quote that hits that "sweet spot" will get low auto insurance rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Insureds who are not a match for those standards may be forced to pay a higher premium and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great rates. Because of these techniques, you really should do a quote comparison often. It's just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Washington
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge Magnum, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Dodge and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Washington overpays as much as $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Dodge Magnum insurance in Seattle
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before they will apply. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Driver's Education for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class in school.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Distant Student Discount - Children living away from Seattle attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and air bags.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, driver's education, anti-theft, accident-free, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, good student, and professional/association.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, good student, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, air bags, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate may have discounts that include EZ pay plan discount, utility vehicle, resident student, economy car, good student, teenSMART discount, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Washington, click here.
Getting quotes from local Seattle auto insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Seattle who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Seattle should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Exclusive and independent Seattle auto insurance agents
When searching for local Seattle agents, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance policy providers may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices like State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Barry V. Hasson
7721 Aurora Ave N - Seattle, WA 98103 - (206) 782-5191 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Boender
4453 California Ave SW - Seattle, WA 98116 - (206) 932-2191 - View Map
- State Farm: Karrie Dubose
1530 Westlake Ave N Suite 100 - Seattle, WA 98109 - (206) 971-5400 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent insurance agents in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE - Seattle, WA 98115 - (206) 523-8660 - View Map
- Cairns Insurance Agency
13751 Lake City Way NE #214 - Seattle, WA 98125 - (206) 368-8117 - View Map
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW - Seattle, WA 98136 - (206) 932-2500 - View Map
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy at any point so don't feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
It's not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine if you could use an agent's help.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
One last thing to lower rates
Cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance in Seattle can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don't offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how you can lower your Dodge Magnum insurance prices in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)