Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other people in Washington.
Sadly, the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Washington being $1,200, drivers could save $430 each year, but they just don’t want to compare rates.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the definite best price available on Dodge Ram insurance in Seattle.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the ideas presented in this article. Finding the cheapest coverage in Seattle can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. But Washington vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies sell insurance online.
What Impacts Dodge Ram Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Small claims can cost you – If you file claims often, you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Washington generally give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Lower rates for married couples – Getting married may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Since the Dodge Ram is a pickup truck, insurance will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Seattle. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Your liability coverage limits – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Cautious drivers pay the best prices – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Only having one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most major companies will give lower prices for people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Washington car insurance companies. The best method to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to actually drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Dodge Ram insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the professional guidance only provided by licensed Seattle agents. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you should also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$224||$362||$404||$24||$120||$1,134||$95|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$180||$304||$350||$20||$104||$958||$80|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$124||$206||$320||$18||$96||$764||$64|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$250||$376||$340||$20||$102||$1,088||$91|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$238||$310||$436||$26||$130||$1,140||$95|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$252||$442||$404||$24||$120||$1,242||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$190||$284||$344||$20||$102||$940||$78|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$318||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,492||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$258||$384||$334||$20||$100||$1,096||$91|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$318||$540||$334||$20||$100||$1,312||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$326||$452||$436||$26||$130||$1,370||$114|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$306||$610||$434||$26||$130||$1,506||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$138||$242||$320||$18||$96||$814||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$274||$512||$434||$26||$130||$1,376||$115|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$196||$350||$450||$26||$134||$1,156||$96|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$212||$336||$344||$20||$102||$1,014||$85|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$170||$322||$434||$26||$130||$1,082||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$260||$416||$344||$20||$102||$1,142||$95|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$200||$412||$376||$22||$112||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$224||$474||$434||$26||$130||$1,288||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Dodge Ram annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Males versus Females
The information below compares Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Companies like Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save if you just switch your coverage. Is it even possible that every company can give you a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Seattle? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Most companies have strict underwriting profiles for the driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a desirable insured might have to be over the age of 50, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Seattle and will also save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for those standards must pay a higher premium which leads to business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do. Because each company has a different risk profile, it is so important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Seattle, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Dodge Ram has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Ram definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Dodge Ram insurance rates in Seattle
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Renewal Discounts – Select car insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive shop Seattle car insurance online.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Seattle car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to view providers with the best discounts in Washington, click here.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Seattle are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide comparison quotes.
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.
Quote more and you will save more
Low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Seattle can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Seattle car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)